Friday, November 26, 2010

Thoughts on Thanksgiving

It has been a fast week and I have enjoyed the extra time with Nathan this year.  As we visited with family yesterday I began to think about all I am thankful for and thought I would share those thoughts with you as soon as I could.

Here is my list of things I am thankful for:

1. My God - I put my faith in Christ when I was 13 and I can truly say that He has never let me
down.  Not only can I count on Him in life, He forgives me even when I doubt.

2. My beautiful wife - This September will be 26 years and I love her more today than ever.  I am blessed that God gifted me with her.

3. My children -  Whitney has made a father proud and I am blessed that God answered our
prayers by sending Daniel as her husband.  Nathan is a joy and fun to watch mature and grow.
God has truly given me children who make me proud and thankful.

4. My Family - Yesterday we were able to spend some time with my parents.  Due to where we
live and what God has called me to do, I don't get to spend a lot of time with them, but yesterday was especially special and fun.  I am thankful for the holiday's that afford me time to see them.

5. My Church - During the last year God has given me a renewed vision for the church I pastor
and I believe Fellowship Church has the greatest people on the planet.  I am thankful for each person God sends to be part of our church.

There are so many things I could list, but I think the top 5 are the most important.  I wonder what you are thankful for, take a minute to comment and we will post your response as they come in.

See you Sunday!

No comments: