Friday, November 12, 2010

Turn it down please...

Today we are picking up later in the story of Jesus feeding the 5 thousand.
22 Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. 23 After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone,

I am reminded that we need to be alone with God. I find myself surrounded by noise from radios, tv, fans and such. I have to plan times for just quiet. Not that time alone with God requires quiet.

2 Kings 3:15 (The Message)

14-15 Elisha said, "As God-of-the-Angel-Armies lives, and before whom I stand ready to serve, if it weren't for the respect I have for Jehoshaphat king of Judah, I wouldn't give you the time of day. But considering—bring me a minstrel." (When a minstrel played, the power of God came on Elisha.)

Another time in the scripture Jesus was alone as he prayed
Matthew 26
 36-38Then Jesus went with them to a garden called Gethsemane and told his disciples, "Stay here while I go over there and pray." Taking along Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, he plunged into an agonizing sorrow. Then he said, "This sorrow is crushing my life out. Stay here and keep vigil with me."
39Going a little ahead, he fell on his face, praying, "My Father, if there is any way, get me out of this. But please, not what I want. You, what do you want?"
40-41When he came back to his disciples, he found them sound asleep.

If it was important in Jesus life I know it is in mine.
Let me encourage you to rid the distractions as you pray for your part in "GAMETIME". The excitement is mounting in all as we look to the future on ways to reach more people with Jesus love.

Cap Dy this Sunday and One service on November 21 at 10:50. Invite your friends!






No comments: