Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thankful...


One day this week my class and I were singing a Thanksgiving song.  We go around the room and everyone gets to choose something that they are thankful for and then we sing about it.  I got all kinds of answers, anything from food to monster trucks.  The kids light up when it is there turn and for a split second they are truly thankful for one small thing in their lives. 

This week for “Get in the Game” we are praying about the difficulty and sacrifice that comes with being a Christ follower.  Often times those words may stir up feelings of negativity, anxiety, and worry.  But God doesn’t want those to be the dominating or daunting feelings in our lives. 
Philippians 4:6-7 says, “ Don’t fret or worry.  Instead of worrying, pray.  Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.  Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down.  It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. 
.  This week as you “Get in the Game”, choose to be thankful instead of worried.  Our sacrifices will turn into blessings and our minds will be focused on God’s wholeness and not on self. 
In my life I have come to a place of thanksgiving and words like difficulty and sacrifice aren’t so scary anymore.  I am learning to praise him and thank him in every storm.  If I believe Him and who He says he is my focus will shift and I will find joy in those moments of thankfulness.  Like my students for those short moments of thanksgiving am able to truly be thankful.  Before you know it your mind will be on him and his goodness and not on the circumstance or difficulty.  So this week be thankful and get excited because with difficulty and sacrifice comes growth and new adventures with our Father!!!
- Jessie



No comments: