Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thank You, no really, you!

I started my morning out reading some devotional stuff and getting ready for what was to come here at the church. As I was reading through each article and devotion, I was struck by one that really reminded me of the great people God has surrounded me with. Often time I get busy with the busy and forget there are people who prop me up. So today I want to say Thank You!

Thank you to the Leaders who have dug in deep and kept the faith in the vision God has given me for Fellowship Church. Specifically I want to speak to Gary Nunnally, Dan Shubert, Stan Crump and Brian Jarrard. You guys have went the distance with me and I am forever grateful. Men thank you for your leadership!

Thank you to the Worship Team. I believe we have the best worship team around and maybe even the country. You guys work hard and serve every week, most time without complaining. Fellowship Church and I owe you a great debt.

Thank you to the Tech Team. Guys without you our Sunday worship would be dark and quite, I mean we would not be able to do the ministry that we do without you. It is awesome to watch as God has taken ordinary men and turned them into passionate engineers at church. The crazy thing is most of you couldn't even spell computer, now you run one. Your value is always underestimated!

Thank you to Guest Services. I have prayed that God would empower each of you to touch lives for eternity every week. I pray that God will bring someone into your life through this service that become an important part of your life. Every week over 300 people are touched by your faithfulness and I can affirm that some have come to Jesus because of you. We may never know this side of Heaven the impact you have. I am indebted to each of you.

Thank you to Andrea Gaines and Cathy Long (Amber too). The investment and sacrifices you have made should stand as a reminder of what it means to serve. For the last two years you three have given well above the expected to love our kids. THANK YOU! I hope you are all getting to rest and re-energized to serve in the years to come.

Thank you to Amanda Anderson. Amanda your investment in Fellowship Church has made a difference. I have seen you give when you didn't feel like it and I have seen the extra time you give, beyond what we pay you for. I prayed for over a year that God would send someone like you to help me guide this great church.

Thank you to my family. Where would I be without them. My loving and supportive wife faithfully surrenders her time and energy to make me look good (and that's a job let me tell you). Although I have tried to be better at family life the last few years their sacrifice of my time with them has been incredible. Whitney and Nathan your unconditional love of dad really melts me. I can only hope I have lived a life of faith before you. Thank you for putting up with me when I am stressed.
I love you dearly.

Unfortunately I will leave someone out of this post without intention. Each person who has contributed to the success of Fellowship Church is appreciated and I thank you! I just felt I needed to share what Andy Stanley and God put on my heart this morning.

I love you Fellowship Church
. Each story blesses my heart. Stories of lifechange, stories of struggle, stories of tragedy each bring a different emotion and response, but each have shaped me as pastor.

Thank you for the privilege to be your pastor. I know that many of you sacrifice weekly to make Fellowship happen, without you we would not be able to live the dream God has given us for a relevant church in Habersham County. I look forward to serving along side you for many years to come.

Here is my prayer for you found in Paul's writings to the Philippian church:
"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

No comments: