Monday, February 2, 2009

A little sunshine to brighten your day!

As Craig was opening the mail this morning, he laid this on my desk with the comment..."What a great letter." As I read the letter, I was encouraged and my day brightened.

I wanted to share this letter with you. It comes from David & Jody Poindexter of Flintstone, Georgia.

The letter says:

"To the Pastor and church family,
Our niece, Traci Lea Day, was an inmate at Arrendale Prison and released around September, 2008. You will never now what a blessing, encouragement, help and kindness you extended to her and other inmates meant to her and us, her family.

She told us how the church treated them like "people" and not criminals, and allowed the children to even associate with them. She did realize she had done wrong and deserved punishment, but was overwhelmed by the love and kindness extended to her. She is still trusting the Lord and facing some hurdles, one being she needs a job. So many are out of work in this area, but God is able. He always supplies our needs and He is our strength. Please pray God will give her a job and she will keep trusting Him.

You will always have a special place in our hearts and memories for all you did for her. We as a family have a compassion for inmates that we did not have before she was in prison. When an inmate is a loved family member, we look at them in a different way. Each inmate at one time was an innocent little baby. We all want to be loved and people like you have given that love.

Just want you to know we thank you so much and will remember the church in prayer.

Love & prayers,

David & Jody Poindexter"

As Craig said yesterday, Fellowship Church wants you to come as you are, but we hope you don't stay that way! Who would have ever guessed this time last year that we would be pushing 400 in service and ministry to inmates each and every week. The Lord has opened so many doors (and windows) for Fellowship Church. He is continuing to bless us each and every week by showing up and showing out. The atmosphere on Sundays is electric.

I am almost looking forward to each week here at the office, to see what wrench Satan is going to throw into the mix (it has been a lot recently), but I know that each wrench he throws means that something amazing is in store for Sunday.

Please pray for Traci (and her family) as she faces her hurdles. Pray for Fellowship Church and each and everyone who walks through these doors.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Groundhog Day!

2 comments:

Lynn Garrison said...

As I read the letter God reminded me that "we don't have to, we GET to"!! I am so excited about being at LASP tomorrow for the small group "When God's People Pray"!!! I can't wait to see how He shows up and shows out! I am so thankful to get to be a part of a ministry that embraces people from all walks of life. I always say "but for the grace of God that could be me". I thank Him for the testimony He allows me to share with these ladies and I love sharing Christ with them. We are the ones who are truly blessed by having them be a part of who we are and what we do!

Lynn Garrison said...

As I read the letter God reminded me that "we don't have to, we GET to"! I am so excited about the small group "When God's People Pray"!! I'm really excited to be doing it with my friends a LASP!! I love sharing Christ with these ladies and "hanging out" with them. I know that if God can change me, He can change anybody!! I know in my heart that I could have easily wound up in prison if not for the grace of God! My passion is to see life change in these women and encourage them that they can hold their heads up and that they are somebody in the eyes of a Heavenly Father who loves them enough to give His ONLY SON for their transgressions. I praise Him today for allowing me to be a part!