Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Rewind

Today at Fellowship was incredible.  I have to say our worship went to a new level and it was exciting to see people letting go and letting God.

Here are a few of my thoughts:

  • Guest Services Team rocks, you guys always do a great job when the weather is crazy.
  • Coffee bar -  the coffee was great today and the smiles you guys serve up are truly encouraging.
  • Even thought I didn't get to walk through the kids area (due to the worship schedule) I watched as the kids and parents exited, all I saw was smiles and laughs, I think we exceded our goal of kids having fun and learning about Jesus.
  • Great crowd of 360 or so, I will get the exact count in the morning.  So far since Easter we have been above 350.  Next is the 500 mark.
  • The Offering was good today.  Thank you for being faithful and supporting the ministry of FC.
  • I am so excited about our New Believer's Class that began this morning.  Attendance was good and I believe this will prove to be an important part of our future growth.
  • I enjoyed playing the guitar with the band this morning, I really rocked.
The message was really good this morning, not because I gave it, but because God used it to change lives.   During the Destroying the Idols time I listening as everyone tossed their light bulbs over the wall, the noise of the bulbs bursting on the ground was out of this world.  It really rocked me, I can only hope you did that for real in your life and didn't just go through the motions.

As we worshipped to close our time together all i can say is WOW!  I believe God was happy watching us worship and give Him praise.

Next week I hope you will come as we tackle the thought of Cardiac Rehab.

Reminders:
  • Baldwin Elementary Teachers Appreciation - we need help putting together the gifts and if you can visit with them to give out gifts each day let us know.
  • Baptism is this Sunday.  If you haven't talked to Stan you still have time.
  • New Believers class is an ongoing class that you can drop in on.  Each class is independent of the others so you can miss one and catch up late.  Greg Brock is teaching this first steps class each Sunday at 11:00
More to come this week.

1 comment:

JesSke said...

The sound of the bulbs breaking was something I'll never forget, so awesome, and so moving! Once the first one was broken it was constant untill the last; in both services. By the second service I thought of more things to put on another bulb as well. Awesome job today. God really showed out. -Jessica W.