Thursday, May 13, 2010

Follow Me...


Found this on Mark Waltz site,

Dallas Willard's and Jan Johnson's Renovation of the Heart in Daily Practice, suggested mediation through Psalm 23, verses 4-6.

4 Even when the way goes through
Death Valley,
I'm not afraid
when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd's crook
makes me feel secure.

5 You serve me a six-course dinner
right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
my cup brims with blessing.

6 Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of God
for the rest of my life.


Because I'm beginning to believe the Lord is my Shepherd, I'm not quite as uneasy facing shadowy places in life. At times, I actually have no fear of anything. I see God's hand guiding and comforting me through each detail (see verse 4). In those dramatic moments when I face those who oppose me, dislike me, or just plain annoy me, I find God behind me, pouring love into me, giving me just what I need. Actually, what I need overflows! Now and then I even offer some of that overflow to my enemy (see verse 5). Each day I find goodness and love occurring in the oddest places. Could that be because I no longer demand and expect it from others? I'm content to hang out with Jesus all day long. Whatever he's up to, I want to tag along.
That's what disciples do. They follow. They take on the character, the agenda, the lifestyle of the master they follow.

Whose disciple are you?
Who are you following today?

No comments: