Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekly Worship Blog

Hello everyone,

Wow what a day! Sunday was incredible, we had our second week in our Restore:Marriage series and it was great and a little tense and maybe awkward at times, but that is good if we are going to have outrageous marriages we need to be awkward for our spouse.

Today I’ll attempt to explain a song called The Broken & The Tired by Elevation Worship. This is one of my favorite worship albums out right now. Elevation is a church in Charlotte, NC that started a little over 3 years ago and has grown to over 7000 people in weekly attendance. You can check out the church at www.elevationchurch.org or their worship website at www.elevation-worship.com or you can download their album from iTunes HERE.

This song is evangelism at its finest. The chorus speaks to every person who has stepped across the line of salvation that God sent His Son to die so our lives could be healed from all the junk in them. I love how this song has the verses explaining how God has rescued us and brought us from death to life the chorus tells us what He did and the bridge is a prayer of confession to God and a prayer of thankfulness for His willingness to die for us.

My prayer for this song that we have sung each week during this series is that God can heal our marriages and restore them to the way He intended marriage to be. Many times in our marriage we are blind, deaf, weak, or numb but God sent His Son for us to be healed so we could dwell in His love.

Click HERE to see video of The Broken & The Tired

Mickey

A big kudos to Casey Thomas for filling in on the drums last minute notice he did a great job. Fellowship Church is so blessed to have talented musicians that are willing to let God lead their life.

Sunday Set List:
Your Grace Is Enough-Matt Mauer (Chris Tomlin Version)
Blessed Be Your Name- Matt Redman
The Broken & The Tired-Elevation Worship
Glory to God Forever-Fee
Say-John Mayer (I'll post video of this later today)


The Broken and The Tired Lyrics:
When I was blind
You gave me sight
You gave me eyes to see the colors of Your sky

When I was deaf
Without a sound
You gave me ears to hear the songs of Your love

Your love is kind
Your love's the only thing that's perfect in this life

You sent Your son to die
For the broken and the tired
And You healed my life
With my hands raised high
And my heart a burning fire
I'll give my life
To dwell in Your love

When I was weak
With tired feet
You gave me strength to run the race you'd given me

When I was numb
My heart grown cold
You gave me nerves to feel the warmth of Your love


Jesus, we confess
We were lost in brokenness
Til You came and conquered death
For love

No comments: