Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekly Worship Blog

I’m back, I took a week off from the weekly blog because of a couple of reasons the first reason 1)Monday was Labor Day and I didn’t want to work when I didn’t have to, 2) I was busy getting things ready for our booth at the fair this week (which you should go check out because it is definitely the best booth there).

This week we will talk about My Deliverer by Chris Tomlin, who just recently moved to the great state of Georgia to lead worship for Passion City Church in Atlanta. He also has written some other pretty good songs like How Great Is Our God, Holy Is The Lord, and recently redid Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone). Maybe you have heard of some of those.

If there was a modern day book of Psalms this would get my vote to be included in that book. Well this book was really inspired from the Psalms so I guess it is kind of already in the Bible. When David was writing most of the Psalms it was during the time when God was delivering them from the hands of the enemy and David was bound and determined to lean on God for deliverance. Our mindset should not be any different today. We may not be fighting physically against an army but the Bible tells us we are in a spiritual war against the devil. We must build our foundation on Christ who will deliverer us from anything that comes our way as long as we are hiding behind His walls of salvation.

Click HERE to see video of My Deliverer from Sunday

Don’t forget Sunday September 27 at 6:00 p.m. we will be having a night of worship at Fellowship Church so make plans to be there and ready for a great evening of worship with the band.

Mickey

Sunday Set List:
I Will Go-Starfield
Jesus Paid It All-Passion Version
Shout Unto God-Hillsong
Our God Reigns-Passion Version
Hallelujah (Our God Reigns)-Hillsong
My Deliverer-Chris Tomlin

My Deliverer Lyrics
I will wait for You to move
For Your mighty hand to save
When the trouble water rise
You are my hiding place
You are my hiding place

You walls are salvation
Your gates are praise

My Deliverer
My Deliverer
My Deliverer
Is the Lord

Who is like You mighty God
Who can take me from Your hand
As I walk with You in freedom
You're the Rock on which I stand
You're the Rock on which I stand

No comments: