Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekly Worship Blog

This week we will look at a song we have done multiple times, Came To My Rescue by Hillsong United. This song was released on their United We Stand CD a few years back and has become one of my favorite worship CDs. We have also done numerous songs from this CD in the past.

Came To My Rescue is about God helping us through the hard times in our life. If we call upon the God He will come to our rescue. I think this song is a great depiction of how worship takes place in our lives. 1st we must worship and seek His face. Next we must surrender our lives to Him in obedience and then He will answer our prayers and come to our rescue. Finally the song ends with a declaration and prayer after God has rescued you from you pit that in everything you do God be lifted high in our lives

No matter where you are right now in your life God is waiting on you to fall down to your knees in worship and call upon Him. He wants to rescue us. So do that right now it doesn’t matter where you are or what you are doing just begin to worship the one who is our rescuer.

Mickey

Click HERE to watch video of Came To My Rescue
(Disclaimer: We were having audio input problems on the camera so it may sound scratchy at times from overloading the inputs.)

Came To My Rescue Lyrics:
Falling on my knees in worship
Giving all I am to seek Your face
Lord all I am is Yours

My whole life
I place in Your hands
God of mercy
Humbled I bow down
In your presence at Your throne


I called You answered
And You came to my rescue and I
I wanna be where You are

In my life be lifted high
In our world be lifted high
In our love be lifted high


Set List:
Freedom is Here-Hillsong United
Break Free-Hillsong United
Came To My Rescue-Hillsong United
How Great Is Our God-Chris Tomlin
Today Is The Day-Lincoln Brewster

No comments: