Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekly Worship Blog

I’m starting something new called the weekly worship arts blog. Here is how it is going to work. I’ll take one song that we did the past Sunday and basically write a blog around the theme of that song. Hopefully this will give you a little more in depth meaning of some of the songs we sing on Sunday morning.

This week we will look at a new song that we did Sunday called I Will Go by the band Starfield. The verse reference for this song is Is. 6:8. Which was when Isaiah was talking to God and God wanted to know if anyone was willing to go and tell the nations about Him, and Isaiah said “Here am I, Send Me.” As we finished our short series about serving and doing what is necessary to go and reach the community this song was a perfect fit for the message this past Sunday.

The lyrics to this song stick out as a depiction of humility in the cry that “I want to live for you go where you lead me, I want to follow You” , those words mean we must completely surrender our lives to the Lord. I am learning in my time as a worship pastor that is a dangerous prayer. Most times we are willing to do what the Lord wants as long as it lines up with our plan. If God was calling you to move across the country to serve Him would you go. How about if God was calling you to go across the street to serve a neighbor would you or could you go. Living in God’s will and completely surrendered to Him is not always the easy path. After all Jesus lived in the will of God and He ended up getting crucified.

Are you willing to go? Go where the Lord leads, I’m not saying it will be easy, but I can guarantee it will be rewarding.

To the desperate eyes and reaching hands
To the suffering and the lean
To the ones the world has cast aside
Where you want me I will be

I will go, I will go
I will go, Lord send me
To the world, To the lost
To the poor and hungry
Take everything I am
I'm clay within your hands
I will go, I will go, send me

Let me not be blind with privilege
Give me eyes to see the pain
Let the blessing You've poured out on me
Not be spent on me in vain
Let this life be used for change

I wanna live for you
Go where you lead me
I wanna follow you


Sunday Set List
I Will Go-Starfied
Tell the World-Hillsong
Marvelous Light-Charlie Hall
Beautiful the Blood-Stave Fee
Amazing Grace(My Chains are Gone)-Tomlin Version

To check out the video of this song from Sunday click here

Mickey

No comments: