Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekly Worship Blog

Hello everyone this week we are going to take a look at a song called From The Inside Out. This song was written by Joel Houston who is a pastor, worship leader, and pioneer in the country of Australia for a “little, small” church called Hillsong Church, maybe you have heard it.

This is one of my favorite worship songs because so many of us can relate to the lyrics of this song. From the opening line that says “A thousand times I failed, still your mercy remains”, we have all failed but yet God’s mercy remains and the only way to overcome those times when we fail is to be consumed from the inside out. Matthew 23:24-26 is about when Jesus was telling the Pharisees(church people) that they spend so much time cleaning the outside and the inside is filthy. How many of us are consumed from the inside out? Take time this week to clean the inside first and then the outside will also be clean. Give God control of your heart and soul and see what way He can radically change you.

Click HERE to see video of From The Inside Out

Also make sure you join us this Sunday as we continue the Marked series and we talk about being enslaved. I hope all you can come and bring someone with you. Until Sunday.

Mickey

Sunday’s Set List:
I Will Go-Starfield
Glory to God Forever-Fee
From The Inside Out-Hillsong
My Deliverer-Chris Tomlin
Hosanna-Hillsong


From The Inside Out Lyrics:

A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

Your will above all else, my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise

My heart and my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

No comments: