Monday, April 13, 2009

Looking Back to Look Forward

25 All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You're after one that's gold eternally. 26 I don't know about you, but I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving it everything I've got. No sloppy living for me! 27 I'm staying alert and in top condition. I'm not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself. I Corinthians 9:25-27

Easter Sunday is in the books and part of recent history. All the preparation and planning is now past and we can look back to help us look forward.

When we set our attendance goal of 500 little did I know that we would actually hit that goal and surpass it. Wow!

What's more when the day was done we baptized 6 and had another 10 or so acknowledge a decision to follow Christ. I am amazed and blessed at the same time.

I started this blog with a verse that I believe has application, when we work hard and prepare to the best of our ability God honor's our labor. At times we have had some talk about us being to programmed and planned, but I believe that is why God is using Fellowship to make a difference in our community. He honor's those who labor for the Kingdom. It's important to point out that we don't do what we do to get honor for ourselves, but we are working to build up the Kingdom of God and for Him to receive the honor.

One story you might enjoy: For the past few months God has put one man in my path. From the beginning he attended Fellowship from a distance with his wife. One Sunday several wweks ago his wife approached Tina and I to ask us to pray for him, he was not a believer and didn't really want to come to church, but enjoyed being here. I started to talk to him at the ball fields, in the community and then he invited me to go to a hockey game last week. At lunch a couple of weeks ago I gave him specific Bible passages to read and let God do the work. Well to make the long short, Sunday he gave his heart to Jesus in the 11:00 service and then called to follow up on Sunday night, thanking me for the investment. You will meet him soon and I can't wait to celebrate his taking the next step.

This is why we do what we do at Fellowship Church. We are here for those who don't know Jesus yet, in hopes that one day we can introduce them to Jesus. Yeah God!

No comments: