Monday, April 20, 2009

Expose' of the Enemy

I have been watching with interest the discontent in our world. It seems that everyone is out to get everyone else. In 1776 when the founding Fathers of this great country signed the Declaration of Independence the dream was a United States putring their faith in God. It shouldn't surprise us that when God is at work, the enemy, Satan is working as well. If you want to know how the enemy works look no further than our country and the turmoil we find within our government. It seems we could be defined as dis-unified more so that unified.

How do we recognize the enemy from God, truth from lie and disunity for unity? I think it begins by listening to scripture about the work of the enemy:

The enemy will be angry when God is at work -

Psalms 18:48 (MSG)
48 He rescued me from enemy anger, he pulled me from the grip of upstarts, He saved me from the bullies.

The enemy is filled with malice toward the people of God -
Psalms 49:5 (MSG)
5 So why should I fear in bad times, hemmed in by enemy malice,

Don't worry the enemy will find you -
Psalms 143:3 (MSG)
3 The enemy hunted me down; he kicked me and stomped me within an inch of my life. He put me in a black hole, buried me like a corpse in that dungeon.

The enemy will gloat in our defeat -
Lamentations 1:9 (MSG)
9 She played fast and loose with life, she never considered tomorrow, and now she's crashed royally, with no one to hold her hand: "Look at my pain, O God! And how the enemy cruelly struts."

The enemy will attack you -
Luke 10:19 (MSG)
19 See what I've given you? Safe passage as you walk on snakes and scorpions, and protection from every assault of the Enemy. No one can put a hand on you.

And Jesus gives us the finishing thoughts about the enemy:
John 10:10 (MSG)
10 A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.

The thing I want you to remember is the enemy is out to defeat the work of God. He will do anything he can to cause harm to God's Kingdom. There is no safe ground!

Are you ready? Have you been walking and talking with Jesus? I can promise you the enemy is waiting for just the right time to attack and if we prepare and pray we can be sure that God will guide and protect us.

Until next time, Satan, you suck and I don't like you one bit. I hope by exposing you I can help others avoid your rotten dirty tricks. In the name of Jesus you are defeated!

No comments: