Friday, December 12, 2008

What's wrong with the System?


I arrived home tonight to hear the breaking news that the jury was deadlocked in the sentencing phase of the Brian Nichols trial in Atlanta. If you don't remember who Brian Nichols is allow me to remind you. Several years ago, Brian Nichols who was on trial for rape stole a gun and killed several people in the Fulton County courthouse and then went on to kill others while on the run for several days.

The Jury is deadlocked about how to sentence Brian Nichols? Really? I mean can a group of 12 people not see that what this man did was messed up and beyond belief? They agree that the circumstances were aggravating, however they could not agree with what to do with him. I am sure Mr. Nichols is glad the Biblical standard of law is not being applied here. Take a mans life and you forfeit your life!

Why am I blogging on this? I will be talking more about this on Sunday but I find our country moving closer to the condition of the Nation of Israel as found in the Bible book of Judges. It says, "In those days there was no king in Isreal, and everyone did what was right in his own eyes." Translation, no God, No Rules! In a society with no rules there is no judgements, so the case of Brian Nichols.

Maybe you don't get it yet. I think Brian Nichols should be put in GA death chamber and a date set for his life to end. I believe the Bible clearly teaches this, you might not agree, but that's your right like it's my right to have my belief. Bottom line, it's time for right to be right and wrong to be wrong! It's time Jesus to be King again! What's wrong with the System? Even in this Christmas season, Jesus is missing.

1 comment:

the roc said...

i agree 100%. there should be no question about the outcome. when so many people saw what he did, a swift and final punishment should be manditory. the laws are getting softer and protecting the guilty. it seems like the worse the crime the softer the laws are. shame on the law makers. the roc