Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Experiencing the Miracles and Move of God

Everyday God is working around us. Unfortunately we move so fast we often miss His greatest works. On Tuesday I had the opportunity and privilege to visit with the Streetman family. Jason and Jessica are new to Fellowship Church and on Saturday God blessed them with the birth of triplets: Maggie, Abby and Cooper. Jessica had been in the hospital on bed rest since October 30 due to the critical nature of having triplets, she reached the 28 week point (safe delivery) on Saturday Dec. 6, 2008. Triplets are very rare, occuring at the rate of 161 per 100K.

I couldn't go to the hospital on Monday, so Tuesday morning I set out on my journey to see these amazing gifts from God. When I arrived Jessica met me at the door with a big hug and we move down the hall to the NICU unit to see the children. We entered the Maggie's room first. She is doing well, breathing on her own and showing signs of liking the free world. Next we visited with Cooper, here I found Jason just sitting with a look of wonder as he peered into the little incubator at his new baby boy. We talked some and watched as nurses entered the room. Soon the doctor came in and gave us an update. Maggie and Abby were doing well, but Cooper, the smallest at 1.6 pounds was showing signs of some struggles. The doctor impressed me with his bedside manners and honest appraisal. Cooper will have a slightly harder road ahead and will be the trouble maker of the bunch. Later we visited with Abby who kicked and even let out a little cry when the nurse checked a lead that was malfunctioning.
I can't begin to tell you all that God did on this day in my life. Once again the wonder of new life filled me with awe as I watched these small babies take each breath. Our God is certainly an amazing creator to whom we owe praise and glory.

I tell you all of this to share how God works. I never intended to stay as long as I stay, but God had bigger plans. When the doctor came in to tell us about Cooper, God knew Jason and Jessica would be needing me and I am glad I was there. Following the Docs visit me and the Streetman's shared some insights about God's plans for our lives and the work he was doing in our midst. Jason even shared deeper about some things God is doing in his life. I love it!

God knew I needed to be there at just the right time to hang out and encourage the Streetman's with truths about God. Following our time in the babies rooms Jessica got to leave for the day to go home for the first time in two months. Tina and I were privileged to have lunch with them at Red Lobster and then they retreated home.

What is God doing in your life? He is working all around us and many time we never even acknowledge Him. Take a moment in the next couple of day to just slow down and look for God. What is He doing for you and with you? What is He asking from you?

Then bless His name!

No comments: