Monday, December 29, 2008

Great Day followed by a Bad Day

Sunday was a great day as we concluded the MySpace series. The crowd was good and the offering was once again incredible. We introduced Nate and Brittney Mattox as our new Children's Pastor and the church erupted in applause, I love that! Thanks for welcoming Nate and Brittney. But like a lot of Sunday's a Great Day is usually followed by a Bad Day!

I know that none of you have bad days! Everything always goes your way and everything is perfect in your life. Well, it just don't happen that way for me. Today was one of those days. I could have just stayed in bed and done fine, but I got up and went to the office and attempted to work, but nooooo! The enemy had other plans.

All day I fought the enemy, I second guessed my every decision and had one of those I think I'll just quit and dig ditches type of days. But about the time I had everything worked out God reminded me of a few things and everything changed. Not that the problems I faced went away, it's just He gave me peace about how to handle those things His way. I wonder why we have to be reminded so often.

On Sunday I will share with you one way God smacked me in the face. I give you a little hint.

Philippians 4:11-14 (MSG)
11 Actually, I don't have a sense of needing anything personally. I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. 12 I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. 13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. 14 I don't mean that your help didn't mean a lot to me—it did. It was a beautiful thing that you came alongside me in my troubles.


Matt Wyrick reminded me of this in a letter to our church. Then God reminded me of it later in the day as I thought, "Compared to Matt, I have it made, shut up and quit whining!"

Well, the day is closing and I feel better. I thought it important to share with you that even a pastor has those days, you know the kinda days we all have (just telling the truth). If we are to survive we will have to learn from where I strength comes from.

No comments: