Thursday, May 19, 2011

Haiti day five

Haiti day five The morning started out with a ham and cheese omelet, watermelon juice, a roll (formed like a cinnamon roll) with a grapefruit preserve.  Wow! The first part of our day took us to the future retreat center for the orphanage on the coast.  The site is three acres with about 100 ft of Caribbean  water frontage.  incredible view and location.   We worked on clearing the water of broken bottles, plastic bottles, and trash that had washed up on shore.  I used one of the machetes to clear brush that had grown along the ocean front.  We built a fire and burned the brush and trash.   Several of the guys went snorkeling in the ocean but I just sat reflecting on the days gone by.  Haiti has changed me, it has broken me, it has hurt me and I am asking God what I should do about it. It was time to head back to the mission house and I road in thie front of the van with Greg, our host.  We talked about the potential future of the relationship between fellowship and the ministry to children here. Tomorrow I think we will be back in the orphanages and preparing for our trip home.  Although I wished I could stay, I long to see Tina and Nathan. Until tomorrow let me encourage you to pray for what you and I are supposed to do with what I am experiencing.

1 comment:

stefanie yo said...

Praying for you, Josh an Whitney. I am keeping up with your trip to Haiti. And I would love to get involved. I want to help in any way I can. -Stefanie