Friday, August 20, 2010

Arms Open Wide

This Sunday we will be introducing a new song by Hillsong United called “Arms Open Wide”. I am super excited about this song because I feel it captures the essence of what we have to remind ourselves daily to be in total surrender to Jesus. Romans 12:1 tells us, “to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is our spiritual act of worship”. The only way to achieve this is by total surrender to him. So this Sunday lets not just sing this song but let’s pray this song as we sing it. The lyrics are posted for you to go ahead and read them and start now by praying these words for yourself in preparation for what God is going to do with a life totally surrendered to Him. Also watch the video of Hillsong singing this song.


VERSE 1:

Take my life I lay it down
At the cross where I am found
All I have I give to You oh God

VERSE 2:
Take my hands and make them clean
Keep my heart in purity
That I may walk in all You have for me

CHORUS:
Oh here I stand
Arms open wide
Oh I am Yours
And You are mine


VERSE 3:
Take my moments and my days
Let each breath that I take
Be ever only for You oh God


BRIDGE:
My whole life is Yours
I give it all
Surrendered to Your Name
And forever I will pray
Have Your way
Have Your way
Thanks

No comments: