Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sunday!

Craig was not joking when he made the comment that the devil was running rampant here last week. Thursday my printer ran out of ink, so Craig had to make an ink run to Gainesville Friday morning. He returned around lunch time and proceeded to change the ink cartridge. As I was getting ready to print the bulletin, the power surged and my printer started smoking.

I was on my way upstairs to Craig's office when I noticed the floor around the baptismal. The floor was puddled with water. Celeste, Wendy, Rodney, Nancy and I spent the next hour and half mopping and shop vaccing the water up. (We never did find where the water was leaking from).

I told everyone something wonderful must be in the works for Sunday cause the devil sure was trying to bring it down...and it did. As Whitney, Tina and I were sitting in the back on Sunday watching person after person come through those doors and running out of places to put them and watching the baptisms, I said this was the reason Friday happened.

Sunday was our reward...and what a wonderful reward it was! The Praise Band raised the roof and the message from Craig telling us to ask God to stretch, ruin and heal us all came together by the glory of God!

I hope everyone got to see the progress that we are making on the build out of the office area and the kids area. If you didn't get a chance to go the kid's area, where there was once 4 small rooms, we now have 2 big rooms for the nursery and toddler and 1 small room for the small groups of the Kid's Clubhouse. As I walked in to the nursery and toddler room during the service Sunday and saw the kids getting to run around and play without stepping on another child...it was amazing. Just the few extra feet given seemed so much bigger. I invite you to take a look Sunday...you will be amazed as well.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Can't wait to see each of you back here on Sunday morning and then returning Sunday night to trim the tree and decorate the church!

I am thankful for each and every one of you!

No comments: