Thursday, October 28, 2010

loving one another

I've been thinking about "loving one another" here the past couple of months and wonder why people just don't get it. It says it plain as day in John 15:12 "This is my command; Love one another the way i have loved you".  So why do we have such a hard time following that simple command? Is it because we are stubborn in our ways or maybe its the way we were brought up as children? As im getting older i can see many of the ways that i have failed at this. I dont always reach out to everyone who needs help. But i can clearly see that is not the way Jesus said we are to be. He wants us to love others as he loves us UNCONDITIONALLY. We talk about this alot in youth on wed. nights, about how God wants us to love to the point where it hurts. You may not know what that other person is going though and the way that you show them love could be the very thing that they needed to hear that day.

1 Corinthians 13

3 If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.

4 Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
5 Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
6 Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
7 Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.8 Love never dies.

Think about where you are and what kind of place this could be if everyone started loving as Christ does. It would mess this world up!!!
 
Thanks,
Anthony

No comments: