Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Rewind

Today we began One Prayer, a united effort of some 1200 churches with over a half million people to pray for God to do something incredible in His church.  One Prayer was the dream of Craig Groeschel pastor of LifeChurch.tv in Oklahoma, we have sharing in this summer event since it's inception 3 years ago.  The idea is for churches to partner locally, nationally, and internationally in one theme, this years theme is "Unstoppable".

Today we watched a message by Scot Longyear of Maryland Community Church entitled "Unstoppable Presence".  In this message Scot contrast the truth of scripture that teaches God is everywhere, but sometimes in our circumstances He is nowhere, or it seems.  I love the fact that Scot didn't just do a podium message but presented the message in a rest area with the elements all around.  Personally when I feel like God is far from me, it seems the noise in my life is very loud, so I got it.  Scot had several great lines in his talk, but the one that spoke to me the most was, "Remember the wind in your life is not bigger than the God in your life!"  Good Scot!

Here are a few more thoughts from today:

  • Good crowd for summer, excited to see the good attendance.
  • Enjoyed being back home with FC people.
  • Had a friend visit, Mr. Arial, Sammy Arial's father, I bet he was as surprised at our environment as I was at his coming, glad he did!
  • Encouraged by our New Believers class, we had three new attenders, one of which accepted Jesus last week, PTL!
  • Enjoyed worship this week, really good song set.
  • The best thing today is we had one young lady who asked Jesus into her life, it never gets old!
Final thoughts:
  • Next Sunday we will hear a message from Kevin Thomas of CCCLive.tv church in Australia.  I promise it will bless you.
  • The next Sunday we will watch Craig Groeschel, whom I believe to be one of America's top pastors will share his thought on One Prayer.
  • Then the last Sunday of the month I will share the four things that are truly "Unstoppable", can't wait, it should be fun.
Vacation!!!!!  I will be in the office all this week, but will be leaving Friday for a two week vacation.  Me and the family are headed to the beach for to rest, relaxation and refreshment.  Although I will miss you all, I need some time to refresh my batteries.  Pray that we have a great time away.  Let me also encourage you to make time this summer to get away for rest.  We all need it!

See you soon!


No comments: