Monday, February 28, 2011

Leviticus 20:22-26


 “Do what I tell you, all my decrees and laws; live by them so that the land where I’m bringing you won’t vomit you out. You simply must not live like the nations I’m driving out before you. They did all these things and I hated every minute of it. “I’ve told you, remember, that you will possess their land that I’m giving to you as an inheritance, a land flowing with milk and honey. I am God, your God, who has distinguished you from the nations... Live holy lives before me because I, God, am holy. I have distinguished you from the nations to be my very own.



A holy life is treasured by God. Look at the last line and hear God say "to be my very own". Wow God wants me and you to be His very own. Now you may ask isn't it all His anyway? Yes but He has given me the choice to accept His gift.
The story here comes from when the Israelites were yet in the promise land. In the earlier chapters God had given instruction on how to live God honoring lives. The Old Testament has 600+ laws that the people used to live by, that may seem like a lot but we have exponentially more.

God gave Israel land that had belonged to other sinful people. He warned the Israelites that the expulsion for sin could be repeated. We face the same today as the consequences for sin still remain.

God told the Israelites He expected them to live holy lives and the land flowing with milk and honey would be their land. God promises us today a land like this, Heaven.

Pray for forgiveness of sin in your life and allow the God of the universe give you the promised land.



No comments: