Thursday, January 6, 2011

Five Secrets to the First Century Church

Hi folks,
Radical has started at Fellowship Church and small groups will be launching out this week. Exciting times we are living in. I read this blog at Bill Easums regularly and would like to share it with you. I also would like to comment on the five things Bill found and allow you to comment and discuss also. Check it out HERE!
1. Life is meant to be given away.
Bill is right and we all agree in theory. It is in practice where we fail. We do not plan times to give away life and we do not go expectantly. If I think about looking for ways to give away life, God is good to provide me with ample opportunity. I have to be willing to join Him when and where He offers. Guarantee it will not always be what I had in mind but as I attach myself to his call I discover it to be better.
John 10:17-18 17 This is why the Father loves me: because I freely lay down my life. And so I am free to take it up again.18 No one takes it from me. I lay it down of my own free will. I have the right to lay it down; I also have the right to take it up again. I received this authority personally from my Father.”

I can please God when I lay down myself and give it to him.

No comments: