Thursday, December 24, 2009

New Year, New Decade

Hello Fellowship Peeps,

We have come to the end of another year and the end of a decade. When I look back on what this past decade has brought us I’m flat out floored, just think: 9/11, War, Corporate America in turmoil, Saddam Hussein was executed, Apple Computers resurgence with the invention of the Ipod(Thank You Jesus), Social Networking (facebook, myspace, twitter), Global Warming, Hurricane Katrina, Election of 1st African American President, the greatest entertainer Michael Jackson died. The list could go on and on and I’m amazed how fast this decade has gone by. I look back 10 years and I would have never dreamed I would be in the position I’m in right now. I was a 20 year old college baseball player who’s aspirations were to be playing baseball the rest of my life. Thank God He had a different plan. I look back and can see the influence different people have had in my life and see that Jeremiah 29:11 is certainly true. I can also look back and see where the devil has tried to destroy everything in my life.

Enough about the past let’s talk about the future. What is it that God has been calling you to do? Maybe it’s to step out and go into the ministry(after all we are all in ministry), it could be to start a new business that doesn’t make sense in this economic time, or maybe to get rid of that girlfriend or boyfriend, or marry that girlfriend or boyfriend, some of you God may be calling to step up and serve more. All I can encourage you to do in this next year and next decade is to seek God, get in the Word and go after Him not holding anything back. 2010 is going to be incredible at Fellowship Church. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for us. All I can say is you better hold on. Our goal is to make Hell a little less crowded.

What are you wanting to accomplish in 2010? Let us know by commenting.

I am going to post My New Year Resolve next week so all of you can hold me accountable.

Have a Merry Christmas

Mickey

No comments: